- How do I apply?
You can submit via:
Email: Please email PDF versions of your applications to email@example.com by the 28th of February 2017.
The Online Platform: Please have your forms submitted by the 28th of February on the online platform.
Drop: You can drop off your application at 42 Harvey Brown Avenue, Milton Park, Harare or you can drop off your applications at your school or church admin office if that was the place of application collection. Collection of application forms will close on the 28th of February 2016 by 1700hrs.
- What is the difference between the Anzisha Prize Entrepreneurship Hackathon and Anzisha Prize?
The Anzisha Prize Entrepreneurship Hackathon (“Build a business day”): is a creative problem solving event where you work in teams. It will be your first step in developing a business idea that solves a real life problem and will give you an opportunity to start a business by the end of the hackathon. The event is held in Harare.
The Anzisha Prize: is an international award for upcoming youth entrepreneurs. Any youth entrepreneur between the ages of 15 and 22 years of age with a business or social enterprise addressing a problem in Africa can apply. 15 youth from across the continent will be selected to go to South Africa for the Anzisha Prize Bootcamp. Three will be selected from the 15 to join the Anzisha Prize Fellowship with a variety of resources to scale and grow their businesses.
- Does it cost anything to apply for the Anzisha Hackathon / Build a Business Day?
- It will cost you absolutely nothing to apply! You have nothing to lose!
- What is the cost of the attending the Anzisha Prize Hackathon to be held in Harare on the 11th of March 2017?
Again this will cost you nothing! If you are selected to participate, all you have to do is bring yourself.
- Can I bring a friend with me to the Hackathon?
- Unfortunately you cannot bring a friend who has not applied and has not been selected. However, you can get your friends to apply for the Hackathon!
- Will transport be covered to get to the venue?
- We will organize transport from a central location for our participants who need transport to the venue.
- What is the schedule of the day and is lunch provided?
The hackathon will take place on Saturday the 11th of March 2017. Lunch will be provided for all participants.
|0800 – 0840||Introduction and Registration|
|0840 – 0900||The Hacking Challenge|
|0900 – 1000||Brainstorming Solutions|
|1015 -1100||Filtering Solutions|
|100 – 1300||Business Model Canvas|
|1400 – 1500||Presentations and Judging|
|1500 – 1530||Wrap-up|